Pages

eileenmxk.blogspot.com
http://eileenmxk.blogspot.sg/p/about-me.html
www.instagram.com/eileenmak
ask.fm/eileenmakie

October 25, 2015

Long Distance Relationship

I don't think I did mention here that currently Linus is in Scotland for an overseas studies exchange program for 4 months so he will be back in Singapore in late January next year. 

So far it has been a month since he flew off to the UK, and never would I have thought that I will experience this thing called LDR. I mean yeah I have heard so many things about LDR on tumblr ever since I started using that platform but like me experiencing it? Nah. 

For me personally, I find it a rather good experience! 'Absence makes the heart fonder', wise words indeed. I find myself looking forward to every Wednesday of the week and mentally striking off the x number of weeks more to go subconsciously.

 I learn to cherish him more, and not taking him for granted. I have a love and hate relationship with time difference though. It happens like this: I wake up early for internship at 6 in the morning, and he sleeps when I wake up. But sometimes he can't stay awake so he will have to sleep early for his morning classes and oh boy it irritates me so much when I miss him online on Whatsapp by 2 minutes! Which also meant that I have to wait till late afternoon around four to five to speak to him again. :( From the time he sleeps till the time he wakes up, so many things can happen and it sucks so much that I can't tell him straight away. (I mean yeah I can message him but the respond from him will be 4-5 hours later, and yall know that immediate response is lovely.)

However, through this I get to see different sides of him that I would never get to see if he was in Singapore. He will make the effort to stay up until I wake up most of the days, chat for a little while and then heads off to dreamland. Also, he tries to wake up earlier to chat as well before he starts his day. Initially, when he didn't have a local Scotland number there oh boy it was so difficult. Whenever he left his dorm (which is very very often) = no more communication until he comes back. It was painful waiting, constantly checking on his Whatsapp last seen to see if he gets wifi when he is out so I won't miss a chance to speak to him. He makes an effort to come home super early from his shopping trips just so we can Facetime before I head for bed. Such little gestures and efforts really warms up my heart.

At the start, he was always on my mind (not that he is not now!!) and it was a little difficult to cope for me personally as I have internship during the weekdays and on Saturdays I have a part-time job. We tried to Facetime quite regularly but ya'know things don't go the way you want them to. Time difference, work and social life played a part. But right now since it is the 5th week (omg so many more weeks to go), I am contented and satisfied with just a Facetime session in a week!

Met up with my closest friends almost every week and I am very blessed! Having more time for girls day out and me time.

As sour as it can get, I do envy couples when I am out with my friends/ running errands.

In short, it is a constant wait, always counting down to the days till I can see him again. On the other hand, I experience things I don't get to. Seeing Scotland through his eyes and feeling that I am there as well. My mom said not to envy yesterday because I was sitting on my comfortable sofa, eating the mushroom spaghetti she cooked for me specially after work.

Can't wait till I see you again Linus! I miss you so much.



No comments: